RESTORE YOUR GUM HEALTH AND PROTECT YOUR SMILE! CALL US TODAY.
Treatment for Receding Gums
Receding gums are not just unsightly; they can also create serious dental issues. When the root structure of your teeth becomes exposed, as it does when your gums recede, it creates an environment friendly to bacteria. This leaves you more susceptible to decay and worse dental damage.
Fortunately, Louisville, KY dentist Dr. Kiran Gill is certified to perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a minimally invasive alternative to a gum graft, the usual procedure for restoring your gumline and cure receding gums. If you want to see some examples of smiles beautified with this procedure, check out our Smile Gallery.
For more information on the innovative Chao Pinhole procedure with a Louisville, KY dentist, call Natural Smiles at 502-893-5225.
Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique Advantages
The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique offers numerous advantages over traditional gum grafts. Among them:
- Minimally invasive. In contrast to a gum graft, the Chao Pinhole technique requires no sutures or incisions. And Dr. Gill doesn’t have to remove tissue from anywhere else in your mouth.
- Speedy procedure. Because the procedure is less complex than a gum graft, it doesn’t take long. In fact, it is often referred to as a “lunchtime gum lift”!
- Instant results. You’ll see the improved appearance of your restored gumline right away.
- Faster recovery time. Thanks to the lack of incisions and sutures, your mouth should heal quickly!
- Less discomfort. Most patients experience minimal discomfort, thanks to the procedure’s noninvasive nature.
- More natural-looking gumline. Because Dr. Gill works with your existing gum tissue, the results look completely natural.
How the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique Works
As with most tissue grafts, a gum graft involves harvesting tissue from another area and suturing it to the area that needs repair. In contrast, when performing the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, Dr. Gill makes a tiny hole in your gum tissue. She gently inserts tools through this access hole to ease your gumline back where it belongs.
Dr. Gill keeps up on all the latest dental techniques, including the Chao Pinhole procedure. She focused on advanced cosmetic dentistry in her post-graduate work and has received advanced training in full-mouth reconstruction. She sometimes triples the American Dental Association’s annual requirements for ongoing education!
If you’re looking for a Louisville, KY dentist who can repair your receding gums with the innovative Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, call 502-893-5225. Or use our online form to make an appointment.
What is gum recession?
Gum recession refers to the loss of gum tissue along the gumline. This can occur as a result of periodontal disease (gingivitis, periodontitis, advanced periodontitis), the natural aging process, or abrasive habits when it comes to brushing the teeth.
Why should gum recession be taken seriously?
When gum recession occurs, the root structure of the tooth becomes exposed. This means that tooth decay and other problems can affect the teeth along the gumline and beneath it. Since healthy gums are essential for a healthy mouth, getting gum recession treated is important for lasting dental wellness.
What is Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique?
The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique is a minimally invasive option for treating gum recession. Unlike traditional grafting techniques, PST is scalpel and suture free. All of the tools and techniques used to perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique were created by Dr. John Chao.
How does Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique differ from traditional gum grafting?
Traditional gum recession treatments involve the use of donor tissue or soft tissue grafts in order to rebuild the gumline. This soft tissue would be sutured in place and would join with existing gum tissue as it healed. While this traditional grafting treatment is effective, comparable results with better patient experience can be achieved through the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique.
How is Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique performed?
During the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a needle is used to make a small hole in the patient’s existing gum tissue. Through this pinhole, special instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue. These tools help expand and slide the gumline to cover the exposed root structure. There are no grafts, no sutures, and no incisions needed with the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique. It simply involves the adjustment of the existing tissue.
What are the benefits of Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique
The benefits of the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique are many:
- Less discomfort for the patient after treatment
- Faster recovery for the patient than traditional grafting
- No need for uncomfortable sutures
- No need for scalpels or invasive surgical tools
- No need to take donor tissue from the patient’s palate
- Excellent, natural-looking, long-lasting results