REPLACE MISSING TEETH AND MAKE YOUR SMILE WHOLE AGAIN. CALL TODAY FOR A CONSULTATION.
- WE HAVE THE BEST SOLUTION FOR YOUR SMILE
- EMBRACE A NATURAL-LOOKING TOOTH REPLACEMENT
- EVENING HOURS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
Multiple missing teeth are a serious oral health problem. The good news is that this condition is easily fixed with customized dentures. The modern version of this restorative dentistry solution is reliable, natural-looking, and completes your smile in both form and function. At Natural Smiles in Louisville, KY, Dr. Kiran Gill and her team are ready to help qualified patients achieve a healthy smile once again.
The Benefits of Dentures
Many people balk at the idea of getting dentures. They think about watching their grandparents struggle with dentures or remember denture-wearers made fun of in television shows and movies. Today’s dentures are nothing like decades ago. Here are just some of the benefits of this dental restoration:
- Convenient solution
- Immediate fitting
- Easy to use
As you consider this tooth replacement option, keep these benefits in mind. Yes, most denture-wearers need adhesive for their appliance and it is necessary to clean it daily, but the drawbacks are few when you can achieve a good-looking, full smile.
Types of Dentures
There are several types of dentures. Some will be a better solution than others depending on how many teeth you are missing and where they are located in your mouth. The most common types of dentures include the following:
- Full dentures: These are the dentures everyone is familiar with, the kind that replace an entire arch of missing teeth. They require adhesives on the top of the mouth to adhere to the palate. Full dentures must be removed daily for cleaning.
- Implant dentures: This restoration combines dental implants and dentures, with four implants placed in the jawbone and dentures permanently attached to the posts. The result is an extremely reliable solution and an uncovered palate, so taste is not interrupted and comfort is a given.
- Partial dentures: If you have just a few missing teeth in one area of your mouth, a partial denture can be used. A gum-colored, plastic base is attached to a metal framework for an appliance that is easily snapped in and out of the mouth.
- Temporary dentures: If you lose a tooth in an accident or sporting match, a temporary denture can fill the hole until it’s time to get a dental implant or dental bridge. A temporary is secured with a metal wire and is removable. It’s not a long-lasting restoration, but it lasts long enough for the permanent repair to be put in place.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dentures?
When you visit your Louisville dentist to discuss your missing teeth, you will undergo a dental exam. This inspection is necessary to identify the cause of the missing teeth, whether you are suffering from gum disease or other infections, and to determine the best dental restoration. If your oral health is compromised it will need to be healed first before any repairs can get underway.
Dentures need to be considered from all angles, including comfort level, lifestyle, and budget. Try not to be swayed by the idea of wearing dentures and focus instead on how amazing it will be to replace the holes in your smile and reestablish a healthy mouth. No matter what kind of restoration is needed to make this upgrade, the result is that you can smile, bite, and chew with confidence once again.