There is plenty of shopping and wrapping and gift-giving at this time of year. But it’s just as important to prioritize self-care during this very busy season. For some people, this might be a massage, a night binging your favorite show, or indulging in your favorite sweets. We encourage you to think even bigger and envision yourself with something you’ve always wanted – a smile makeover.
Signs It’s Time for You to Get a Smile Makeover
Have you already settled on a resolution or two for the new year? Have you vowed to improve your appearance, so you look happier, healthier, and younger? Lifting weights is great for you, so is a daily run or regular yoga classes. But they can’t give you the results a smile makeover can deliver.
Here are just some of the ways to know if you’re ready for a smile makeover:
- You’re embarrassed to show your smile.
- You avoid photos or, if you’re in them, you don’t show your teeth.
- You cover your mouth when you laugh.
- You always smile with your mouth closed.
- You do everything you can to draw attention away from your mouth.
Being self-conscious about the condition of your teeth makes a major dent in self-esteem, and no matter what you do to the rest of your physique, wardrobe, or accessories in the new year, if your smile remains the same and you’re still embarrassed by it, nothing will change.
Customize Your New Smile
Smile makeover treatments are customized to the patient. The word “makeover” can be a bit of a misnomer, because a smile makeover doesn’t have to consist of multiple procedures to change your teeth. It can involve several treatments, but one targeted and personalized cosmetic dentistry enhancement might be all you need too.
Common treatments for patients who want a smile makeover include:
- Porcelain veneers: This is the ultimate in cosmetic dentistry treatments, transforming everything you dislike about the appearance of your teeth in one procedure. Conceal cracks, chips, misalignment, gaps, stains, and so much more. Veneers are powerful, long-lasting, stain-resistant, and they make you look better than ever.
- Teeth whitening: This popular treatment can be done in just about an hour in your Louisville dentist’s office or you can opt for customized take-home trays that you wear for two weeks on your own time until your teeth are fully whitened. Both treatments are designed for your unique smile so you get the most effective results.
- Invisalign: When you’re really ready to commit to changing your oral health, Invisalign is the road to a straight, healthy smile. This treatment takes about a year, on average, with the nearly invisible trays shifting teeth slowly and gently into alignment. Start now and by this time next year you’ll have a beautiful new smile.
Get a New You in the New Year
Not sure what kind of smile makeover you need to improve your teeth? Schedule a consultation with the team at Natural Smiles in Louisville, KY. Every time of year is a great time of year for making your teeth a priority. We’re here to help you succeed.